Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Tick Tock

The countdown to getting PNQ results from the QEP is still ticking. I honestly don't expect to hear anything until mid to late January at best. But, the wait is KILLING me. I've been occupying my time reading OA recaps on the FSOA Yahoo group in hopes of finding that one gem that would give me an edge should I be lucky enough to be invited to partake in the fun of the OA.

The Case Management exercise seems to be the bane of most OA participants'' existence. To be completely honest, assuming I get the OA invite, the SI (aka the Structured Interview) is my most feared portion of the day because of my inferior experience compared to what I imagine other candidates already have. This all goes back to my fear that I'm so under qualified for this dream. But what's the worse that could happen? I fail the OA and have to start all over again? I'm prepared for that. In fact, at this point, I don't even expect to make it through the PNQs, but as I did with the written portion of this testing/application process, I'm expecting the worst but hoping for the best...and while hoping for the best, I'm preparing for the OA... you know, just in case ;)

To keep me preoccupied while waiting for my results, I have made a binder full of study materials and have already started reviewing the SI materials so that I can start really digging deep into my "experience" and jot down stories that fit the 13-Ds. Although I tend to work much better under pressure, I am finding that being fully prepared ahead of time and not waiting until the last minute lowers my anxiety level and lets me put my best foot forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment