Monday, December 15, 2014

DC Bound

Long before I decided to take the FSOT, we had a trip to Washington, D.C. planned for our Christmas vacation. It has been over 10 years since I've been up there and my husband & kids have never been there before. We are ALL counting down the days until we leave...10 more days. My husband is especially looking forward to the Air & Space museum. The kids are excited about the Natural History museum. And I'm anxious to scope out State Annex 44, where I intend to do my OA, should I be so lucky to receive an invite. I'm a visual person, so if I can see something it makes my dreams and goals seem more real. Oh and I'm also excited to see the National Zoo...I'm a total sucker for animals.

Of course, we are continuing the tradition of the road trip for our trek to DC this year. I'm skeptical that this year's trip will top last year's cross-country travels through Texas, Oklahoma and New Mexico, but I'm pretty sure we'll come home with more epic crazy stories than last year. I'm a little nervous about driving in DC, so I've finally convinced the family to give public transportation another shot, despite the painful recency of our July 4th 3-hour trolley ride through Gatlinburg. My daughter has been praying for snow on our trip and, since I value our safety and warmth over making snow angels (Floridians driving in snow doesn't bring thoughts of safety), I've been praying it doesn't.

Anywho, unless we take another unexpected diversion through 4 states, we'll be back in time for daughter and I to spend New Years Eve at Disney again (a place my husband refuses to consider stepping foot into during the summer and between Thanksgiving and January 10th). All in all, this is a trip that I'm really looking forward to and I'm hoping to return home with a greater sense of my dream being a reality. And hopefully a few short weeks after we return, I hope to be planning a return trip very soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment