Monday, December 29, 2014

OK, I'm over DC

The trip has been fun and we found so many more things we wanted to do that wasn't on our original itinerary that we seriously considered extending our time in DC, but after dealing with crowds worse than Disney on New Year's Eve, 50 degree rainy weather and being nearly hit head-on by impatient drivers ignoring double yellow lines, I'm ready to go back to Florida, but I'm not quite ready to go home just yet. I'm thinking that we may sidetrack to Panama City Beach to celebrate New Year's. Margaritas on the beach in 70 degree weather is sounding much more enticing than staying here for more museums (and consequently more whining by the kids about boredom).

With that being said, I think I need to remember this experience to remind me why Russia (with its cold weather and crazy drivers) should never be a high bid for me as an FSO. Yes, I realize 50 degrees is "warm" to you crazy folk who live north if the Florida line, but at 50 degrees this Florida girl is ready to put on a parka. You can take the girl out of Florida, but you can't take Florida out of the girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment