Saturday, January 10, 2015

Ok, I was knocked down yesterday, and in typical fashion, I'm back up on my feet today. I went to the library to check out some books that I thought would help me to pull up my FSOT score when I retest in October. The bright side of this "failure" is that I have 9 months to prepare and be really ready for the test and be more competitive. A lot can happen in 9 months and a LOT can be learned in 9 months. Judging by the info posted on the Yahoo Boards by those who passed the PNQs, their FSOT scores were MUCH better than mine were (by at least 20+ points) and most had language skills that I don't have, so I've decided that the best place I can start to being more competitive is by concentrating on bringing up my FSOT score while simultaneously 1) striving for more and better quality stories for the next PNQ submission round and 2) working on fluency in a 2nd language.

Oh and some foreign travel probably wouldn't hurt either. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment