Friday, January 9, 2015

Damn :(

I wrote too soon today. I got off work early today and came home to relax. My boss had posted a link on Facebook earlier today asking people to join her in sending mittens to injured koalas in South Australia and I opened my laptop to show my daughter (the resident crafter in my house) to get her on board to help, not even thinking about the FS for the first time in weeks!

When I booted up the computer, I opened Outlook and saw alerts popping up from my inbox from the Yahoo group reporting that PNQ results were in. So, I rushed to the Pearson-Vue website to see if my results were in, too. They were and, just as I was afraid of, I received the "we regret to inform you" e-mail. Honestly, I am really disappointed, but I'm not totally devastated. I knew from the outset of this journey that this was not an easy pursuit and that it was going to take some determination and stamina to make it through the gauntlet of the hiring process for the Foreign Service. In case you don't know me personally, there is absolutely no doubt that I am a damned determined woman. I will continue to keep trying until I reach my goal. I can retest in October, so you can be darn sure I'll be right back into the saddle then. In the meantime I know that I need to focus on pulling up my written score and work towards some leadership experience. Maybe a missions trip this summer could help.

No comments:

Post a Comment