Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Hurry Up & Wait!

I know, this is going to be the story of my life in my pursuit of Foreign Service Life. waiting for results just.....well.....sucks! Maybe it is just the stress of being back to work after a long vacation (I say "long" in a tongue-in-cheek mannner, because 2 weeks is not "long" when you technically get 6 weeks of annnual leave on paper, but have a schedule & under-staffing issues such that it is damn near impossible to use it in any increment longer than a random 3 day weekend here & there). The perk about being a government "drone" for most of my (short) career as a state government attorney, is that I have learned how to do more with less & I think this skill will transfer perfectly into my intended career change.

*Sigh* I digress... mainly I'm just posting to describe my pins & needles anxiety awaiting QEP results. I have my calendar marked as tomorrow being the 7 week mark & the forums on State's website says they will be released "mid to late January". I'm hoping sooner rather than later, but I will try to be patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment